HomeKIA MotorsKIA AY EV to be launched in India by 2025 as per...

KIA AY EV to be launched in India by 2025 as per reports

Kia has a number of new models in the works, including two mass-market electric vehicles, with the goal of expanding its product line in India. According to recent media speculations, the South Korean carmaker will introduce a new small SUV with choices for both gasoline and electric motor. The electric car, which will be localized and be on sale sometime in 2025, is known by the codename KIA AY. The new Kia small SUV will fill the space between the Seltos and Sonet SUVs in Kia’s product portfolio.


A 1.0-L turbocharged gasoline engine may be available for the next Kia small SUV. It will appear distinct from the Sonet and Seltos due to its boxy and tall appearance. Its older and younger siblings’ traits might be seen in several of its characteristics.

The newly launched Kia AY SUV is expected to be manufactured in quantities of about 1 lac units. The gasoline version will make up 80% of the volume, while the electric version will make up the remaining 20%. The company’s Anantapur-based plant will produce the model.

kia new cars

Read upcoming cars in India Major KIA SUV cars planned to be launched in 2023

The South Korean manufacturer would be investing about Rs. 2,000 crores in its EV strategy for research and development, infrastructure improvement, and production capacity. The firm unveiled its worldwide EV strategy in March 2022, stating that it will release around fourteen models by around 2027, including an entry-level BEV and two pickup trucks.

The KIA EV9 SUV concept in India, which will go into manufacturing at the end of 2023, was on display at the 2023 Auto Expo. Its dimensions are 4,929 mm in length, 2,055 mm in width, and 1,790 mm in height, and it is modeled on the E-GMP architecture.

Also, read the latest cars news India KIA EV9 is in progress, to be launched globally in 2023

It is interesting to note that the electric SUV has the biggest wheelbase on the E-GMP platform, with a dimension of 3100 mm. The concept has a dual-motor, 4WD (four-wheel drive) system, with a 77.4 kWh battery pack. Its entry-level models are probably going to have a single motor that drives the back axle.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments